Friday, February 28, 2014

Class Song

Last night, we came to a conclusion. Our class verse is... drumroll please... 

Philippines 3:14!

"I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

We also discussed options for our class hymns, here's the ideas we came up with.

Abide with Me
All the Way
Day by Day 
Faith is the Victory
How Great Thou Art
I Need Thee Every Hour
May the Mind of Christ

Also, be thinking to the end of what our motto should be. I think it'd be best if it carried a theme of pressing toward the mark or something like that. 

I'm thrilled to see that we're progressing! 

10 comments:

  1. Are we suppose to vote? Or just think about it until the next meeting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that the song "In Christ Alone", isn't on this list, but I remember someone mentioning it at one of the meetings, and I would have to say, this would be my vote. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that "In Christ Alone" would be a great choice. While it doesn't correlate 100% with our class verse, I think it is a very encouraging, uplifting song. I would definitely prefer this one over the other ones mentioned so far.

      Delete
    2. My first pick from the list would be "May the Mind of Christ". Ya'll should read the words for that hymn if you aren't familiar with it; it has a great message!
      Otherwise, I also LOVE "In Christ Alone", so if we're allowed to vote for one not on the list, that would be it. Otherwise, "May the Mind of Christ." :-)

      Delete
  3. I also think that "In Christ Alone" is a great choice for our class song. It has a very powerful message! "In Christ Alone" would be my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the list I would choose How Great Thou Art but I also like "In Christ Alone"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did suggest In Christ Alone at one of the meetings because it is my personal favorite hymn :)and it has such a powerful message! It also goes along with our verse because the only way we can "press on toward the goal" is by the grace of Christ Jesus. In Christ Alone has my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for May the Mind of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My first pick would be "I Need Thee Every Hour" but I also really like "May The Mind of Christ"
    They both have great words and either of them would go great with the class verse.

    ReplyDelete